Kentucky Farm Bureau Education Foundation Scholarship (State Award) (February 28th Deadline)
To be eligible students must:
- Have either a 3.5 GPA or a 23 ACT score
- Be the child of a Kentucky Farm Bureau Member and remain such while scholarship is in form
- Graduate high school in Spring 2018
All application materials MUST be postmarked by February 28, 2017. Application and information can be found at the link below.
/userfiles/305/my files/2018 farm bureau (state) application.doc?id=552455
Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Sweet 16 Scholarship - $1500 (February 28th Deadline)
This is the application for the Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Sweet 16® Scholarship. Four grants, each in the amount of a one-time scholarship of $1,500 payable to an institution of higher learning, will be awarded. The scholarship is not renewable and is not endowed for expansion. Applicants shall be seniors who participate in any KHSAA sanctioned sport/sport activity. Scholarships will be based on excellence in three areas - Academic Achievement, Leadership and Community Service. Winners will be notified in early March and recognized during the Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys' State Basketball Tournament.
Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Sweet 16® Scholarship Application Forms are only available online and may be completed using the following link:
Ephraim McDowell Healthcare Scholarship - $1000 (March 15th Deadline)
All scholarships will require the minimum criteria:
- Graduate top 25% of class
- ACT composite of 21
- Accepted into regionally accredited college or university into a healthcare career program
/userfiles/305/my files/ephraim mcdowell scholarship.pdf?id=552454
Kentucky AMVETS Auxiliary Scholarship Application (March 24th Deadline)
To be eligible for the scholarship, all applications must be received March 24th.
/userfiles/305/my files/amvets ladies auxiliary application.pdf?id=552480
2018-19 Migrant Scholarship - $1000 (March 30th Deadline)
All scholarships will require the minimum criteria:
- Verified enrollment and plans to attend post-secondary education opportunity
- Must have been enrolled in the KY MEP in grades 9-12 high school years.
/userfiles/305/my files/2018-19 tri-state foundation - ky migrant scholarship application.docx?id=552479
2018-19 Migrant Program Association (March 30th Deadline)
All scholarships will require the minimum criteria:
- Applicants must have been enrolled in the KY MEP at some time frame during their lives.
/userfiles/305/my files/2018-2019 ky migrant program association ky migrant education scholarship fund application.docx?id=552478
GC Conservation District Scholarship (March 30th Deadline)
The Garrard County Conservation District will present one (1) $500.00 scholarship for the first semester of study to a qualified student graduating from Garrard County High School who plans to enroll in a college, university or vocational educational center this fall. This scholarship is to be applied to cover tuition, books and associated fees first with any remainder to be applied toward all other educational expenses. The criteria that will be used when scoring applications include the following:
- Be a graduating student at Garrard County High School this spring.
- The student should be either a student whose family derives 50% of their total family income from agriculture, or a student who plans on majoring in one of the following fields, (listed in no particular order):
- Conservation and/or Natural Resource Services
- Vocational education (all related fields)
- Plant and Soil Science
- Landscape Architecture
- Environmental Studies
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural engineering
- All other Agricultural Programs not listed
- Pre-Law (Focus must be Environmental Law). This must be explained in the essay.
- All other majors (please explain in essay as to why your particular major deserves consideration).
- Proof of acceptance in the form of an admission letter from a college, university or vocational educational center for the academic semester following high school graduation.
/userfiles/305/my files/gc conservation scholarship.pdf?id=552623
Janice M. Scott Memorial Scholarship Fund (March 31 Deadline)
- US Citizen or permanent resident of US
- GPA of 3.0/equivalent or higher (out of a 4.0 scale)
- High School Senior who will matriculate full-time at a US accredited four-year college or university within the fifty states or District of Columbia.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participating in community services or other extra curricular activities.
- Combined adjusted income of the parent(s) cannot exceed $50,000.
/userfiles/305/my files/jmsmsf scholarship criteria.sht.pdf?id=552667
Central Kentucky Federal Savings Bank Scholarship (April 12 Deadline)
To be eligible for the scholarship, the student must be a graduating senior at GCHS, be of good moral character and in need of financial aid. Applications must be returned to Mrs. Henderson by April 14, 2016.
/userfiles/305/my files/central kentucky federal savings bank scholarship.pdf?id=552573
Pat Ballard Women's Club Scholarship (April 16 Deadline)
Applications must be turned in to Mrs. Henderson by April 16th. Hard copies of this scholarship application are also avaliable in the counseling office.
/userfiles/305/my files/pat ballard scholarship.pdf?id=552457
Blue Grass Community Action Partnership Community Services Scholarship. (April 16th Deadline)
The Bluegrass Community Action Partnership is offering a $750 scholarship to a student in our area. Below are the guidelines:
1. Applicant must meet income guidelines for the Community Service Block Grant
2. Recipient will be selected based on need and academic record.
All applications are due by April 16th 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
/userfiles/305/my files/csbg scholarship application 2018 (updated).pdf?id=552469
Sigma Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa Scholarship (April 17th Deadline)
The Sigma Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa is providing a $750 scholarship to a student in our area. Below are the guidelines:
1.High School Senior
2. Student plans to major in education.
/userfiles/305/my files/future teacher scholarship application.pdf?id=552676
Appalachian Health Career Scholarship. (April 23rd Deadline)
The Community and Economic Development Initiative of Kentucky (CEDIK) at the University of Kentucky is administering scholarships where funding has been provided by the New York Community Trust, to Appalachian students seeking education in health or a health‐related field.
Scholarships are allocated for full‐time students with a maximum award of $2,500 per semester.
Applications must be postmarked by 4/23/2018 to the address on the application form.
Henry West Agricultural Scholarship (Sponsored by Garrard County Farm Bureau Federation (April 27th Deadline)
The Garrard County Farm Bureau Federation is proud to offer these scholarship awards to students of member families: A $250 per semester (max of $500 per calendar year) scholarship awarded to a graduating high school senior. Funds will be paid direct to the student when they begin their first semester of college, and upon presentation of their semester grades thereafter. Students must have a 2.5 GPA in order to be eligible. All materials MUST be received by the Garrard County Farm Bureau Federation Office by April 27th @ 4:30 p.m. No late applications will be accepted.
/userfiles/305/my files/henry west scholarship2018.doc?id=552458
Allison Abrasives Scholarship (April 30th Deadline)
A scholarship will be awarded from Allison Abrasives to one senior who is college bound. Any senior is eligible to apply. Applications must be accompanied by a high school transcript, proof of acceptance by a college/university, current ACT score and a copy of parents 2017 tax form. Applications are due by April 30th.
/userfiles/305/my files/allison abrasives scholarship.pdf?id=552632
Lancaster Masonic Lodge (April 30th Deadline)
Applications are due April 30th. Applications are avaliable at the link below.
Lancaster Rotary Club (May 1st Deadline)
Applications are due May 1st . Applications are avaliable at the link below.
Layton Scholarship (May 1st Deadline)
A scholarship will be awarded to a senior student who meets the following eligibility guidelines:
1. Must have had (4) math classes selected from Algebra I, Algebar II, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus and/or AP Calculus.
2. Must have had three (3) science classes selected from Biology, Advanced Biology, Physics, Chemistry or AP Biology.
3. Must come from a family where neither parent graduated from college with a 4 year degree.
4. Highest GPA that meets above requirements.
Applications are due May 1st! Applications can be found below.
Whitaker Bank Uniquely You Scholarship (May 7th Deadline)
The Whitaker Bank "Uniquely You" Scholarship Application will be presented to a student graduating from Garrard County High School. The amount of the scholarship is $1,000 each for one male and one female. The recipient of the scholarship is chosen based on proven financial need and academic achievement. Applicants must be:
1. A graduating student from Garrard County High School.
2. Be accepted or enrolled at a college or university for the academic year following this application.
Garrard County Sheriff Scholarship (May 11th Deadline)
Applications are due May 11th. Applications are avaliable at the link below.
2018 College Board Decision Day Social Media Contest (May 15th Deadline)
The College Board is doing a contest to encourage students to share a video, Boomerang or photo (an “Entry”) of their Decision Day story on Instagram with the hashtag #collegiance as in “Pledge your #collegiance”. Entries will be aggregated into a gallery on a microsite via hashtag.
ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who will be attending college (including community college, vocational-technical and career colleges) for the first time in the fall of 2018. A minor must have his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter. Children of immediate family (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members, whether or not related, of employees of Sponsor and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Directions for contest below:
/userfiles/305/my files/2018 college board decision day social media contest.pdf?id=552784
2018 Walker Morgan Scholarship (May 31st Deadline)
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in high school and plan to graduate before July 1, 2018, or be enrolled in college.
- Applicants must have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Applicants or direct family members must have been personally affected by an injury of some type.
- Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Award Amount: $2,500
- Application: Only online applications will be accepted.
Rover Scholarship (May 31st Deadline)
How to Enter:
To Be Eligible:
- You need to be a resident of the United States.
- You must be a graduating high school senior or currently a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college in pursuit of a associates degree, bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree. We reserve the right to verify date of high school graduation and/or university enrollment.
- If you're a graduating high school senior, your GPA must be 3.0 or above.
- If you're in college, your GPA must be 3.0 or above. If you’re in graduate school, you must either have a 2.5 GPA or above or a “Pass” in a Pass/Fail grading system.
- You can’t be related to anyone on the Rover staff, but you can be related to someone who's a pet sitter or dog walker on Rover.
Click below for full directions:
/userfiles/305/my files/rover scholarship.pdf?id=552800
Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Scholarship Program (June 15th Deadline)
Through nationally recognized educational programs, the Association reaches out directly to our nation's young people with a message of hope, opportunity, responsibility, and perseverance. The Horatio Alger Association has awarded over $125 million in college scholarships to deserving students. Applicants must:
- Have completed high school by Spring 2018.
- Be enrolled in a 2 year or less career or technical degree/certificate program in the Fall of 2018.
- Attend a non-profit post-secondary institution.
- Demostrate financial need; applicants must be Pell Grant eligible.
- Be under 30.
- Be a United States citizen.
MG Law Scholarship (July 1st Deadline)
- The scholarship must be submitted, in full, by July 1, 2018. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Applications for scholarship can be submitted by any high school senior or current attendee of an institute of higher education (including tech schools).
- Disclosure: Preferential consideration will be given to Georgia high school graduates especially those from Rockdale County.
- A student aid report (if available) showing income status of your household must be attached for application to be considered.
- Must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
- A transcript must be attached with counselor or school representative signature for application to be considered.
- This scholarship is a one time scholarship worth $1,000. It will be awarded August 1, 2018
- Although not required, applicants are encouraged to submit recommendation letters and/or resumes to substantiate their application.
- Claims made on the application will be verified before scholarship is awarded.
- All applicants must be submitted electronically using the form below:
Balanced Man Scholarship (July 31st Deadline)
The Kentucky Beta chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon at the University of Louisville is offering multiple one-time scholarships in a total amount of $3000 to any incoming freshman male for the 2018-19 academic year!
Each academic year, Sigma Phi Epsilon is proud to present the Balanced Man Scholarship to incoming male students whom possess the ideals of a Sound Mind and Sound Body. The Balanced Man Scholarship rewards students who have shown academic excellence, leadership skills, and a commitment to their health and well-being, recognizing success inside and outside of the classroom.
Redfin Scholarship (July 31st Deadline)
Redfin is the next-generation real estate brokerage, combining our own full-service agents with modern technology to redefine real estate in the customer's favor.
This $2,500 scholarship is a way for Redfin to help one student on his or her journey through higher education.
- Legal U.S. resident
- Eighteen years of age or older
- Graduating high school senior or current freshman, sophomore, or junior in college attending an accredited university or college
- Cumulative, unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale
Kentucky Association of Government Communicators Scholarship (September 10th Deadline)
The Kentucky Association of Government Communicators, based in Frankfort, KY, brings together government professionals whose primary jobs involve communicating with media, the public, legislatures, stakeholders and other entities. Our goal is to improve and enhance our own expertise, public image, morale, effectiveness and the work of our federal, state and local government employing agencies. The KAGC Scholarship Program, established this spring, is an exciting expansion of our role as a professional development organization, allowing us to help build a new generation of communications professionals in the Commonwealth.
KAGC will provide a non-renewable $500 annual scholarship to one Kentucky public high school senior who intends to study communications/journalism at any postsecondary institution. Application can be made directly via the KAGC web site here:
Date of Last Update: May 2018