- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society;
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community;
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony;
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults;
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities;
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today’s society;
- To promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations.
FCCLA (Family, Career & Community Leaders of America)'s goal is to promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences Education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner, and community leader, members develop skills for life through:
- Character Development
- Creative & Critical Thinking
- Interpersonal Communication
- Practical Knowledge
- Vocational Preparation