1. Apply language rules and proofreader’s marks; use reference materials, style, grammar, and spell check.
2. Define and apply terminology associated with desktop publishing, layout, and design.
3. Research and analyze career opportunities in multimedia publishing and graphic arts.
4. Use industry-standard hardware and software components of a multimedia publishing system such as digital cameras, scanners, & video cameras.
5. Apply basic HTML and a software package to create a web page.
6. Compose and design effective business publications and documents.
7. Develop multimedia presentations (slide show, video, audio, etc.).
8. Design page layout with appropriate proportions, balance, and typography.
9. Demonstrate the ability to use the Internet.
10. Use business graphics and paint, draw, and image-editing programs.
11. Design FBLA documents using effective multimedia publishing skills.
12. Demonstrate employability and social skills relative to the career cluster.
13. Utilize activities of a FBLA as an integral component of course content and leadership development.
14. Apply math, science, and communication skills relative to the career major.