1. Use a word processing program to create, save, print, modify, spell-check, and grammar-check a simple document
2. Use a word processing program to enhance the appearance of a simple document by using centered, right justification, boldface, underlined, and italicized text.
3. Use a word processing program to change the default margins and line spacing.
4. Use a word processing program to create a document with headers, footer, and footnotes.
5. Use a presentation program with text body, graphics, and animation.
6. Use an electronic spreadsheet to create, save, print, modify, and obtain graphs from a simple spreadsheet.
7. Use an electronic spreadsheet to perform basic mathematical operations including, but not limited to, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
8. Use an electronic spreadsheet to calculate averages and percent’s.
9. Use an electronic spreadsheet program to enhance the appearance of a spreadsheet by changing fonts, foreground, and background colors; and centering text across columns.
10. Use a database management program to create, maintain, and print reports from a simple relational database.
11. Use a database management program to customize the user interface by creating and maintaining forms and reports.
12. Use a database management program to query tables using basic query operations such as "and", "or", "not", etc.
13. Print in landscape and portrait orientations.
14. Use the component of the operating system that helps the user manipulate files and folders to copy, move, rename, and delete files; and to create, copy, move, rename, and delete folders.
15. Use a World Wide Web browser to navigate hypertext documents and to download files.
16. Use Internet search engines and understand their advantages and disadvantages.
17. Use an electronic mail program to send and receive electronic mail.
18. Identify components of a computer
19. Discriminate between ethical and unethical uses of computers and information.
20. Demonstrate a basic understanding of issues regarding software copyright, software licensing, and software copying.
21. Demonstrate an awareness of computer viruses and basic understanding of ways to protect a computer from viruses.
22. Demonstrate a basic understanding of the impact of computers on society.
23. Use and understand basic computer terminology.
24. Utilize activities of FBL A as an integral component of course content & leadership development.