1. Use computers/electronic equipment whenever possible, utilize business software, appropriate web software and other kinds of technology to collect, organize, and communicate information and ideas.
2. Explain career strategies associated with entrepreneurship.
3. Conduct self-assessment to determine entrepreneurial potential.
4. Explain the factors and personality traits that contribute to the success of a small business entrepreneur.
5. Explain the importance of customer service to an entrepreneur.
6. Describe the financial statements needed for a business plan and the purposes in financial planning.
7. Investigate the role of international trade, opportunities of global markets, and the potential of international trade.
8. Describe the legal considerations for starting a business.
9. Formulate a business plan and describe its components, recognizing the many roles of a small business owner.
10. Identify sources of business start-up information.
11. Discuss market analysis to determine target market.
12. Examine the role of management in a successful business, specific management techniques for small business, and management strategies.
13. Analyze the risks and rewards of starting a business.
14. Analyze pricing in the marketing mix, pricing strategies, and the establishment of a pricing strategy.
15. Evaluate types of business ownership.
16. Determine cost of product (breakeven, markup).
17. Explain the nature of overhead/operating expenses.
18. Identify, evaluate, and select sources for financing a business venture.
19. Identify training procedures, hiring policies, and rights and responsibilities of small business employees.
20. Explain the types of promotion.
21. Prepare a promotional budget.
22. Select and analyze computer software/hardware options for small business; examine benefits of organizational membership.
23. Demonstrate technology skills needed in the workplace.
24. Utilize activities of DECA and/or FBLA as an integral component of course content and leadership development.
25. Exemplify entrepreneurship decision making through projects and simulations.
26. Apply math and communication skills within the technical content.
27. Identify individual work habits/ethics (individual/team skills, confidentiality, problem solving, punctuality, self-discipline, communication skills) and explain their importance in the work place.